Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hello-Hello

Welcome, friends, to Wander.Wonder.Win. where I share moments, thoughts, ideas, and adventures from my extra ordinary, extraordinary life.

For the first post, let's start with introductions.

My name is Jenny K. I'm a 20-something female chemical engineer living on the desert side of Washington State. For the most part, I'm down right average (with some quirky weirdness), but that makes me relatable... er something.

My life and the drivers in my life can be summed up in the phrase "Wander. Wonder. Win."

It may appear that I have a course set in life and that I stick to that heading, but truly I wander from interest to interest, from opportunity to opportunity with enthusiasm and curiosity. To wander doesn't have to be the lonesome and meandering path that it is often made out to be. I wander with purpose and deliberate speed once I find my next destination. Sometimes the destinations are related and have a sensible sequence, and other times the destinations are completely unrelated -- and either way it's good.

As I mentioned above, I approach life with enthusiasm and curiosity. I have not lost my childlike wonder and I hope to never lose it. I am a hardcore Disney fan. I love to color. I have never stopped asking, "Why?" I love introspection and I contemplate many things throughout the day. I look at the world with wonder in my eyes and in my heart. I maintain my sense of optimism, even as my experiences temper it. Or perhaps... perhaps I suffer from Peter Pan Syndrome... if so, I'm a highly functional "adult" so fear not for what may remain of my "sanity."

Through my life of purposeful wandering, I've learned to follow my gut, to be mindful of the world and people around me, and maintain my sense of wonder and awe as I go through this extra.ordinary journey - as simple and fundamental as those things are, they've helped me win. Now, when I say "win," I don't mean that my life is the best or that I have won in the sense that I'm now done. I mean "win" as in find my version of success, growth, and satisfaction, all while leveling up to take on the next set of challenges and adventures. 

This blog has a very open-ended direction and that is intentional - life is pretty open-ended. Truly, we each get to write our own story! We each get to wander, wonder, and win in our own ways; all we have to do is put one foot in front of the other and keep on keepin' on.

So hitch your wagon to a star and wander with me!

But seriously, I hope you'll join me in sharing life on this sometimes crazy, sometimes mundane little blueberry of a planet in the universe.

Happiest of new years to you, friend. Stay excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment